I first heard The Bylines late last year. I LOVED their music and their onstage presence. I was super-excited when they contacted me and invited me to join them to celebrate the release of their self-titled album. It's amazing, by the way. Give it a listen.
Some songs will make you smile, others (one in particular) will make you laugh out loud. Enjoy them all. You can buy the album via CD Baby or iTunes. But then go see them live. Their music (and the stories in between) = AWESOME. I'll tell you my favorite song if you tell me yours. :)
Below: This is me, taking a photo backstage. Because I can. :)
Getting to shoot this show was amazing for me for several reasons:
1. I got to work for amazing artists and help support their dreams. That felt SO cool.
2. I've been in love with concerts and shows since the 2nd grade, when I tricked my mom into buying my sister and I concert tickets to a show she assumed would already be sold out. I've invested a small fortune into experiencing good, live music. I've loved every minute of it; I have a zillion stories, memories, and ticket stubs to prove it. Usually, I'm not even allowed to bring my camera into the venue. Those who know me, know it takes a LOT for me to leave my camera behind. Not this time, baby! :)
3. I got to bring my camera, use my flash, and scooch around taking photos from all sorts of places and angles: Emmy Heaven.
4. I've never had backstage access to a show before.
5. Heck, I've never been INVITED to a concert before.
6. Pretty sure this is the first time my name has ever been on any sort of special list that got me into a venue. :) (Judge me if you must, but it was a rare moment of "coolness" in the life of Emily.)
Mariana & the entire gang - THANK YOU for including me. I'm so impressed with your CD. I loved your show. And, I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to hear you guys live (or even just on my ipod). :)